Sunday, May 20, 2007

The Best is Yet to Be

2 weeks more to the new job and 10 weeks more to the wedding.

The weekdays are filled with cross-training the new bugger, and the weekends are filled with wedding preparations. Both are not going as smooth as expected, but well, who wants to lead a perfectly planned life right?!

I'm so busy cross-training the new people that I hardly have time to read up on my new job. Being in the Front Office has been something that I've always wanted. The glitzy lifestyle is a definite attraction. I've always looked longingly at Dr Tan's Porsche and all the trophy girls at his side. The constant late night parties are just an escape from the reality. Money doesn't equate to happiness, though you can buy a few hours of company.

What's the attraction then? I want to be able to say that I made it, I want to show DB that I'm FO material, that I can be recognised for talent and hard work. Not those that slept their way to the top, but someone to has paid their dues, who has earned the right to say "kiss my ass" in the loudest, most arrogant tone.

I have made it. I now have bragging rights.

And in the midst of the whirlwind, my partner has been silently supporting me, understandably giving in, and loving me with all his soul. In 10 weeks, I will be a Mrs. Increased responsibility and commitment. On top of being a filah daughter, I am a wife and a daughter-in-law. My new family, new responsibilities... a new journey for life.

The next 3 months are going to be a roller coaster, and it's something that I've been waiting and preparing for all my life.

Bring it on.

tania @ 1:55 PM | |